Newborough and Borough Fen Parish Council
Parish Clerk: Irene Healiss
Address: 5 Blenheim Road, Ramsey, PE261AL
Chairman: Kevin Angrave
NOTICE OF MEETING: Full Council
DATE: Tuesday 20th July 2021
VENUE: Village Hall, Guntons Road, Newborough, PE6 7AJ
Following the lifting of restrictions allowing Councils to meet virtually, this meeting will take place at Newborough village hall.
Please read the following instructions carefully: –
- do not attend if you are currently experiencing Covid symptoms or should be self-isolating.
- upon arrival attendees will be required to register themselves with Track and Trace via the app and if this is not possible a manual register will be completed.
- please wear a mask at all times and adhere to the current social distancing regulations- hands, face, space, fresh air.
For members of the public wishing to attend, the Council encourage you to register your place. This will allow for better monitoring room numbers due to Covid-19 safety processes. You can either register your place by contacting the Clerk directly (details above) or via the link:
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend for the purposes of considering and resolving the business to be transacted at the meeting as set out below.
Members of the public and press are welcome to attend the meeting and time will be made during the meeting for members of the public to address the Council.
Irene Healiss, Clerk to Newborough and Borough Fen Parish Council
14th July 2021
MEMBERS: 12 QUORUM: 4
This section (at the Chairman’s discretion may last up to 15 minutes) is to ask questions of, and make comments, regarding the Parish Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting.
1477/7-21 To receive and approve apologies for absence
1478/7-21 To receive Disclosable Interests Declarations
Members of the Council are subject to the Relevant Authorities (Disclosable Pecuniary Interest) Regulations 2012. All dispensation requests must be made to the Clerk prior to the meeting.
1479/7-21 To approve minutes of the meeting on 22nd June 2021
1480/7-21 Matters arising from minutes of 22nd June 2021
1481/7-21 Matters for information and reports
- Parish Council by-election update – 3 vacancies filled and new Cllrs to be received.
- Receive reports from City Councillors.
- Guntons Road white gates / speed limit consultation – update.
- Change to village hall PC meeting dates.
- Social media – to agree that formal profiles can be used – Cllr Taylor.
- Fernie Close Park signage update.
- Draft Leaflet for community options regarding future s106 spending.
- To consider joining the National Allotment Society.
- Clerks GDPR training via the SLCC.
1482/7-21 Village Matters
- Village defibrillators: –
- Millking Nook defibrillator consultation feedback- update by the Clerk.
- ‘The Circuit’ update by the Clerk and CHT order.
- Milking Nook village sign.
- Playground equipment – multi unit refurbishment update.
- Fernie Close grass matted pathway extension – Cllr Angrave.
- HGV restrictions update – Cllr Cole.
- Soke Road corner regeneration.
- Anti-social behaviour on Willow Drove – raised by Cllr Henderson.
- Skate Ramp and football – Update on progress. Cllr Taylor and Cllr Henderson.
- Update regarding possible commercial plots at Peterborough Road allotment site.
- Resignation received from allotment co-ordinator.
- Tenant concern regarding bees at the allotments – update by Cllr Angrave.
1484/7-21 Burial Authority
- Request for a memorial bench in the cemetery.
- 21/00206/FUL – Demolition of an existing grain store; conversion of 3no. agricultural buildings to 3no. separate residential dwelling houses; construction of 1no. outbuilding to be used for vehicular parking; hard surfacing and landscaping additions at Oakhurst Farm, Crowland Road, Eye Peterborough. Permitted on 30/6/21.
- 21/00616/HHFUL – Proposed single storey front extension at 19 Fenside Drive, Newborough PE67SF. Permitted on 1/7/21.
(s150, s111 LGA 1972)
July payments 2021
- To approve accounts for payment.
- To approve the Clerk’s expenditure.
- Monthly bank reconciliation (June) and quarterly budget.
|27/07/21||Payroll||S/O 27th June 2021||Salary||£1029.11|
|21/07/21||Clerk – expenses||BACS||Home as Office Postage (meeting packs in June)||£16.00 £6.12|
|23/07/21||Superannuation (Clerk £64.40) (NBFPC £251.74)||BACS||Pension||£316.14|
|24/07/21||Vodafone Ltd||D/D||Mobile phone||£23.78|
|23/07/21||IONOS by 1&1||Debit card||Website domain||£6.00|
|23/07/21||Wave||BACS||Water bill (allotments)||£97.11|
1487/7-21 Matters as agenda items for future consideration (decisions cannot be made under this item)
- Maintainance to a tree at Fernie Close Park – update from resident.
- Response from a resident re: soil slippage from the fence at Fernie Close and request for a long-term solution.
- Resident concern regarding condition of cemetery extension boundary fence.
- Complaint concerning overgrown cemetery hedge.
- Resident complaint regarding littering at Plough Lane Park.
- Resident concern raised regarding Cllr conduct.
Close of meeting – date of next meeting.
Archived Agendas 2020