Newborough and Borough Fen Parish Council
Parish Clerk: Irene Healiss
Address: 5 Blenheim Road, Ramsey, PE261AL
Chairman: Kevin Angrave
NOTICE OF MEETING: Full Council
DATE: Thursday 7th October 2021
VENUE: Village Hall, Guntons Road, Newborough, PE6 7AJ
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend for the purposes of considering and resolving the business to be transacted at the meeting as set out below.
Members of the public and press are welcome to attend the meeting and time will be made during the meeting for members of the public to address the Council.
Irene Healiss, Clerk to Newborough and Borough Fen Parish Council
1st October 2021
MEMBERS: 12 QUORUM: 4
This section (at the Chairman’s discretion may last up to 15 minutes) is to ask questions of, and make comments, regarding the Parish Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting.
1501/10-21 To receive and approve apologies for absence
1502/10-21 To receive Disclosable Interests Declarations
Members of the Council are subject to the Relevant Authorities (Disclosable Pecuniary Interest) Regulations 2012. All dispensation requests must be made to the Clerk prior to the meeting.
1503/10-21 To approve minutes of the meeting on 2nd September 2021
1504/10-21 Matters arising from minutes of 2nd September 2021
1505/10-21 Matters for information and reports
- Cllr resignation – notice of casual vacancy advertised.
- Receive reports from City Councillors.
- Pedestrian crossing- raised by Cllr M Cave.
- Speed Amendment Traffic Regulation Order on Guntons Road – update and white gates.
- Grant agreement document from PCC.
- PC social media course update – Clerk
1506/10-21 Village Matters
- Milking Nook notice board.
- Willow Drove ASB update- Cllr Angrave
- Land registry search – land behind waterfall Gardens.
- Speed limits through the village – Cllr Cole.
- Recent power cuts – Cllr Cole.
- New bus shelter, defibrillators, bins, sign at Fernie Close – update.
- Decoy corner visibility concern – raised by Cllr Taylor.
- Multi-unit refurbishment update, banking of park surplus soil – Cllr’s Angrave and Taylor.
- Grass matting at Fernie Close – quotes offered.
- Soke Road corner regeneration update.
- Skate Facility – Update on progress.
- Allotment markers requirement.
- Maintenance letters and invoices.
1508/10-21 Burial Authority
- New plot marker requirement.
- Dead tree in the church yard – update.
- 21/01034/HHFUL – Erection of new single garage to front garden and 2m high boundary fence to front at 22 Hawthorn Close Newborough Peterborough PE6 7QY. Comments due 19/10/21.
- 21/01274/OUT – Construction of a two-storey dwelling with other matters (appearance, landscaping, layout and scale) reserved at White Post Farm, White Post Road, South Eye, PE67SW. Comments to be received by 1/10/21. No extension to comments.
- 21/01194/FUL – Proposed conservation pond at Twenty Foot Farm, Drain Road, Newborough, PE6 7SG. Extension to comments agreed by case officer to 8/10/21.
- 21/01181/FUL – Conversion of kennels buildings to three dwellings and erection of two car ports at Former Follybridge Kennels, Thorney Road, Peakirk, PE67NT. Extension to comments agreed by case officer to 8/10/21.
(Planning officer Ms Wallis may attend the meeting to answer any queries or concerns.)
- APPEAL – APP/J0540/C/21/3276434 – Appeal against planning enforcement notice at land to the East of Peterborough Rd, Crowland, Peterborough.
Start date 22/9/21- 3/11/21.
- 21/00153/TRE (1/00005/TPO)- Felling of 3 trees and thinning of the remaining trees at the back of the property at 4 Waterfall Gardens Newborough Peterborough PE6 7QN. Refused 20/9/21.
- 21/01290/PRIOR – change of use of agricultural building to a residential dwelling with associated building works at Thorpefields, Gunthorpe Road, Newborough – withdrawn.
- 21/00553/FUL – Proposed siting of a holiday home (retrospective) at land North of Whitepost cottage, Pinehurst Lodge, White Post Road North, Newborough. Permitted on 25/8/21.
- 20/00605/FUL or APP/J0540/W/21/3270146 – Appeal at Ivy cottage, Guntons Road, Newborough, PE67RU. The appeal was dismissed by the planning inspectorate on 31/8/21
(s150, s111 LGA 1972)
October payments 2021
|27/10/21||Payroll||S/O 27th August 2021||Salary||£1029.11|
|11/11/21||Clerk – expenses||BACS|| Home as Office |
Travel to and from Newborough cemetery and allotments on 16/9/21 @0.45 per mile (34 miles)
Postage (meeting packs) Postage (other)
Land registry search fee
|11/11/21||Superannuation (Clerk £64.40) (NBFPC £251.74)||BACS||Pension||£316.14|
|24/11/21||Vodafone Ltd||D/D||Mobile phone||£23.78|
|17/11/21||IONOS by 1&1||Debit card||Website domain||£6.00|
|17/11/21||Michael Murray Signs ltd||BACS||Fernie Close Park sign||£312.00|
|11/11/21||PKF Littlejohn||BACS||External audit||£360.00|
|11/11/21||Red shoes||BACS||Payroll services||£45.00|
|11/11/21||Glasdons||BACS||Gateways x 6||£4935.39|
|11/11/21||Viking Direct||BACS||Stationery and stamps||£93.10|
- To approve accounts for payment.
- To approve the Clerk’s expenditure.
- Monthly bank reconciliation (September).
- Training budget – Cllr Taylor
- Quarterly budget review.
1511/10-21 Matters as agenda items for future consideration (decisions cannot be made under this item)
- Owl boxes on Willow Drove.
- Broadband Openreach fibre requested in the village- update.
- Resident concern regarding recent AMVC bus stop on Soke Rd.
- Trees in Fernie Close.
Close of meeting – date of next meeting.
Archived Agendas 2020