Newborough and Borough Fen Parish Council
Chairman: Kevin Angrave
Parish Clerk: Irene Healiss
Address: 5 Blenheim Road, Ramsey, PE261AL
NOTICE OF MEETING: Full Council
DATE: Tuesday 17th November 2020
VENUE: Remote meeting
As per The Local Authorities and Police and crime panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020.
ZOOM meeting (please contact the clerk if you require assistance downloading the application)
Meeting ID: 850 9049 2973
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend for the purposes of considering and resolving the business to be transacted at the meeting as set out below.
Members of the public and press are welcome to attend the meeting and time will be made during the meeting for members of the public to address the Council.
Irene Healiss, Clerk to Newborough and Borough Fen Parish Council
MEMBERS: 12 QUORUM: 4 Irene Healiss
11th November 2020
This section (at the Chairman’s discretion may last up to 15 minutes) is to ask questions of, and make comments, regarding the Parish Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting.
1389/11-20 To receive and approve apologies for absence
1390/11-20 To receive Disclosable Interests Declarations
Members of the Council are subject to the Relevant Authorities (Disclosable Pecuniary Interest) Regulations 2012. All dispensation requests must be made to the Clerk prior to the meeting
1391/11-20 To approve minutes of the meeting on 13th October 2020 (Chairman to sign remotely and post back to the Clerk)
1392/11-20 Matters arising from minutes of 13th October 2020
1393/11-20 Matters for information and reports
- Receive reports from City Councillors.
- Section 3 of the AGAR received back from the external auditor.
- Adoption of the updated recording and filming of council meetings protocol.
1394/11-20 Village Matters
- Replacing the gates in front of the war memorial with surrounding railings – raised by Cllr Cooper.
- Consider revised grass maintenance/ schedule of works spreadsheet for tendering.
- Update from Cllr Flaxman re: Plough Lane regeneration project.
- Repair of the village bus shelters – insurance cover clarification and update from PCC regarding costings for restoration.
- To discuss development of land on Thorney Road from the Longhurst Group.
- Update from allotment working party regarding a grabber at the site for waste removal.
- Update from Cllr Angrave regarding allotment boundary lines.
1396/11-20 Burial Authority
- To agree fees and relevant permissions surrounding the rose gardens at the burial ground.
- To discuss cleaning and maintainance of the benches.
- To discuss the tree report provided by JJ Trees and Maintainance and action any required work.
1397/11-20 Planning Applications, Approvals and Refusals
- Planning application 20/00605/FUL – Three bed detached dwelling with double garage at the site of Ivy Cottage, Guntons Road, Newborough – Refused on 04/11/20.
- Planning application 20/00848/FUL – Construction of new secondary school, primary school and nursey school with associated playing fields, landscaping, car parking and external works – Permitted on 29/10/2020.
- To approve accounts for payment.
- To approve the Clerk’s expenditure and overtime.
- Monthly bank reconciliation.
1399/11-20 Matters as agenda items for future consideration (decisions cannot be made under this item)
- Correspondence received regarding advertising space offered in a local publication.
- Correspondence received requesting the verge on Peterborough Road be protected, as residents have planted daffodil bulbs in celebration of the community.
The following items are be held as a closed meeting due to sensitive data.
Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 S1(2).
- Approval of Councillor absences.
- Correspondence received – complaint.
- Fernie Close working group – to present a further tender shortlist for discussion and decision.
- Clerk’s update regarding costs for an independent specialist advisor.
- Personnel panel working group regarding a staff matter.
Close of meeting – date of next meeting.
Archived Agendas 2020