Newborough and Borough Fen Parish Council
Parish Clerk – Irene Healiss Email: email@example.com
NOTICE OF MEETING: Full Council
DATE: Tuesday 18th February 2020
VENUE: Village Hall, Guntons Road, Newborough
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend for the purposes of considering and resolving the business to be transacted at the meeting as set out below.
Members of the public and press are welcome to attend the meeting and time will be made during the meeting for members of the public to address the Council.
Irene Healiss, Clerk to Newborough and Borough Fen Parish Council
12th February 2020
MEMBERS: 12 QUORUM: 4
This section (at the Chairman’s discretion may last up to 15 minutes) is to ask questions of, and make comments, regarding the Parish Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting.
1285/02-20 To receive and approve apologies for absence
1286/02-20 To receive Disclosable Interests Declarations – Councillor has requested dispensation regarding the village hall.
1287/02-20 To approve minutes of the meetings of 14th January 2020
1288/02-20 Matters arising from minutes of 14th January 2020
1289/02-20 Matters for information and reports
- Receive reports from City Councillors.
- Village Hall Report.
- Dates for the Parish meetings 2020/21 set and confirmed.
1290/02-20 Burial Authority
- Update on cemetery regulations – time in which to lay an ashes memorial to be amended and if a vase is included in the fee.
- Clarify the delegated authority of the clerk, regarding the application and approval of memorials.
- Confirm work was completed by Cambridgeshire driveways at entry way to the church.
- Organise division of the cemetery into relevant plots, for ashes and burial internments in the new section.
- Update on footpath at the rear of the church.
- To receive report from allotment co-ordinator.
1292/02-20 Planning Approvals and Refusals
- 19/01448/FUL – Construction of 1.8m boundary fence at The Decoy, Werrington Bridge Road – PERMITTED on 21-01-20.
- APPEAL DECISION- Appeal Declined for application APP/J0540/C/19/3225335 at The Willows, Willow Drove, Borough Fen, PE67QB and enforcement upheld.
- 19/01826/HHFUL – Single storey rear extension at 13 Reedmace Close, PE67QS proposed on 09/12/2019 – PERMITTED on 03-02-20 subject to relevant conditions (C1-C3 under recommendations.)
- To consider application 20/00069/HHFUL -Single storey side extension including replacing existing conservatory at 65 Werrington Bridge Road, Milking Nook, PE67QF. Revised application as permission was initially granted 21/06/19. Amendment to application regarding replacing conservatory with fully insulated roof. Comments have been extended until 19/02/20 by case officer.
- To consider application 20/00063/TRE- Notice of Works to tree protected by TPO. Comments have been extended until 19/02/20 by case officer.
- To consider planning application 19/01679/OUT- The construction of a single storey 3 bed bungalow on the site of Ivy Cottage, Guntons Road, PE67RU. Comments from last meeting regarding access and traffic calming made to planning inspectorate on 20/01/210. Case officer still awaiting further updates from other agencies.
- 19/01521/HHFUL- Construction of single storey side and rear extensions at 76 Guntons Road, PE67RT. Application disseminated to Councillors prior to meeting. Any comments due by 12/02/20. Extension declined as this is a re-consultation on revisions that are now reduced. (Reduction to width of proposed side extension and altering roof pitch.)
1293/02-20 Village Matters
- Fernie Close Playing Field – update from working group following the meeting on 18/01/20.
- Update on village hall transfer and Foresters Room as a parish office/post office.
- Update from Clerk regarding the possibility of a community bus, in lieu of the surgery closure.
- Dog fouling – The Green Dog Walker Scheme to be considered.
- To provide Clerk with a debit card for making online payments and purchases when required.
- To approve Clerk to attend cemetery and allotment training, and for Chairman to attend HR training course.
- To approve mobile phone for the Clerk.
- To approve the Clerk’s and Councillor expenditure.
- To confirm bank account signatories.
- To approve accounts for payment.
- No monthly bank reconciliation as Clerk still has no access to banking.
1295/02-20 Matters as agenda items for future consideration (decisions cannot be made under this item)
- Standing Orders and Financial Regulations all updated by the Clerk – To be confirmed and formally adopted at the March meeting.
- To ensure Operation London Bridge for the parish is planned for accordingly – to be discussed at the March meeting.
- Letter received from Finding Fitness regarding a free holiday club scheme.
- Resident letter regarding speeding down Werrington Bridge Road.
- Resident letter regarding trees on neighbouring land causing damage to their driveway.
1297/02-20 Parish Council Business
Close of meeting – date of next meeting
Closed meeting – Councillors to be informed of pertinent parish council business.