Newborough and Borough Fen Parish Council
Parish Clerk – Irene Healiss Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE OF MEETING: Full Council
DATE: Tuesday 19th May 2020
VENUE: Remote meeting
As per The Local Authorities and Police and crime panels (Coronavirus)(Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020.
ZOOM meeting (please contact the clerk if you require assistance downloading the application)
Meeting ID 847-8432-3037
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend for the purposes of considering and resolving the business to be transacted at the meeting as set out below.
Members of the public and press are welcome to attend the meeting and time will be made during the meeting for members of the public to address the Council.
Irene Healiss, Clerk to Newborough and Borough Fen Parish Council
13th May 2020
MEMBERS: 12 QUORUM: 4
This section (at the Chairman’s discretion may last up to 15 minutes) is to ask questions of, and make comments, regarding the Parish Council. Questions not answered at this meeting will be answered in writing to the person asking the question or may appear as an agenda item for the next meeting.
1324/05-20 To receive and approve apologies for absence
1325/05-20 To receive Disclosable Interests Declarations.
1326/05-20 To approve minutes of the meetings of 21st April 2020 (Chairman to sign remotely and post back to the Clerk)
1327/05-20 Matters arising from minutes of 21st April 2020
1328/05-20 Matters for information and reports
- Receive reports from City Councillors.
- Update regarding Drain Road culvert, day burning streetlights and fly tipping.
- Council to discuss two options for internal audit presented by Canalbs.
- Parish Council insurance renewal automatically renews June 1st as per three-year agreement (Came & Company.)
- Council to discuss adoption of Parish safeguarding policy.
1329/05-20 Burial Authority
- To receive report from allotment co-ordinator.
- Update from Cllr Angrave following site visit to the allotments.
1331/05-20 Planning Approvals and Refusals
- Planning application 20/00278/FUL- Conversion of existing double garage into self-contained dwelling and creation of first floor dormer window at the site of 29 Guntons Road, PE67QW. Refused.
- Planning application 20/00417/NONMAT for Non-Material Amendment (Alterations to roof and ground floor) to planning permission 18/01415/HHFUL at 25 School Road Newborough Peterborough PE6 7RG. Decision determined and permitted on 6/5/20.
- Planning application 20/00590/HHFUL – For Single storey extension to the rear to form a granny annexe at Oak Barn Willow Drove Newborough Fen Peterborough. Comments to be received by 26/5/20.
1332/05-20 Village Matters
- Fernie Close Playing Field –Online tendering process and planning permission requirement clarified by the Clerk. Council to discuss draft agreement.
- Council to consider membership to Cambridgeshire Acre.
- Malc Firth raised issue of mole hills in the playing field.
- Verge grass cutting and anti-social behaviour issues raised by Councillor Skingle.
- Condition of the playground and park’s landscaping on Whitsed /Fenside Road raised by Councillor Flaxman.
- Cllr Angrave to update council regarding placement of flagpole within the village.
- Update from Cllr Angrave regarding meal assistance within the village, and current costings.
- To approve accounts for payment.
- To approve the Clerk’s expenditure.
- Monthly bank reconciliation.
- Cllr Taylor raised bank statements for circulation to Cllrs prior to monthly meetings.
- Cllr Taylor raised review of precept for discussion.
- To approve Clerks entry into the LGPS pension scheme following successful probation completion.
- Closed Meeting – to discuss Clerks overtime.
1334/05-20 Matters as agenda items for future consideration (decisions cannot be made under this item)
The Good Neighbours scheme
- Emailed complaint received regarding the Parish grass cutting.
- Emailed complaint received from an allotment tenant regarding the behaviour of another tenant.
Close of meeting – date of next meeting